Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Feature Story

I met my friend Maysa at the very beginning of my freshman year at Dixie. She is the reason I joined the DSU Dance Company and one of my first friends. She's such a bright spirit, one of those people who instantly lights up a room when she walks in. I decided to do my feature story on her because I love her story of how she got to this point in her life. 

Maysa is such a beautiful dancer, you'd never guess that she didn't start dancing until she was 14. Her mom started a ballroom dancing group, and she decided she wanted to give it a try too. Now she's such a beautiful and talented ballroom dancer. Two years later, when she turned 16, she joined a hip hop group and started taking studio classes. As someone who has been dancing since the age of 4, I can't imagine starting so late and growing as she has. I'm so impressed by her talent and ability to row. Just since I've met her, I have already noticed changes and the way she improves. 

Since Dance Company is a primarily modern and ballet, along with technique classes, it was a big change for her. She's a beautiful dancer in all styles, but she still says she feel much mor comfortable doing hip hop. 

I included the raw versions of some of the best photos from my take. 


ISO 100, f/8, 1/500
I got a cool rembrandt effect on this one. 







I included some photos of Maysa when she broke out into a hip hop dance from our Dance Company Concert. You can even see from the photos how much fun she's having.
The sun went behind a cloud, so I raised the ISO.
ISO 125, f/8, 1/500



I also got some shots of Maysa just being her goofy self!











No comments:

Post a Comment