Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Peer Feature Story Edit

I edited Kylea's photos from her feature story on the St. George Animal Shelter. 

For this photo, I cropped it tighter on the dog's face and the hand. Then I increased the saturation to bring out the colors and make it more vibrant. I also increased the exposure and saved the shadows so that the right side of the dog's face wasn't too dark. 

 This photo was kind of overexposed, so I brought down the highlights and upped the black point. I also cropped it so that the frame was just wide enough to capture the dog and the ball being thrown. 

 This photo was a little overexposed too. I brought up the black point and took down the highlights to compensate. I increased definition too, since it was slightly out of focus. I cropped it so that the focus is more on the dog and his walker. 

 I cropped this photo so it was tighter on the action, but I still wanted to be able to see the chain-link fence. I left just enough to where I thought you'd be able to tell it was a fence and not just a smudge. I increased saturation to bring out the green in the grass and the red in the rocks. I also brought down highlights because it was a little too bright. 

 I made this photo landscape instead of portrait, so that I could keep it tighter on the cat's face. I brought down the white point and saved the shadows a little. I also increased contrast and definition.

 This was another one that was pretty overexposed. I lowered the exposure and brought up the black point to compensate. I also brought down the highlights and saved the shadows as well. I cropped it from portrait to landscape, bringing it tighter on the cats.

I cropped this photo and made it landscape as well. It was originally portrait but I wanted the shot to be closer to cats and their facilities. The original had more dead space on the bottom half of the photo. Then I increased saturation and lowered the white point. I also made the temperature warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment